Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Happy Summer Reading!



Warm Greetings, Everyone!

It's been a very busy winter, and I apologize for the long gap since my last post.  

As we ease into summer, I think we're all looking forward to sunshine, flip flops, and outdoor time.  

Whether traveling or spending time at the lake, pool, or in the backyard hammock, one of the best ways to relax is by getting lost in a good book.  Romance novels by Susan Wiggs are always high on my list, but I also like to change it up and learn new things from a variety of nonfiction books, too.  

Right now, I'm reading "The Forgotten 500" by Gregory A. Freeman.  It's a "never before told story of the greatest rescue mission of World War II," and an exciting read that I can't put down.  This book would entice anyone to learn more about WWII.  In fact, these are the stories that would entice children to learn more about the history of our nation and the brave men and women who sacrificed for our freedom.  The book's exceptionally well-written accounts of soldiers' harrowing experiences pull me right into the scenes and keep me on the edge of my seat.  I highly recommend it. 

Of course, a summer afternoon nap always rates right up there with reading.  Even PJ agrees.  In fact, she excels at napping, normally within her favorite cardboard box.  But lately, she's given new meaning to the phrase "hit the sack," as you can see in the photo below.  She buries her face into the bottom of a paper sack to shield her eyes from the light.  Hmmm.....do you think maybe it's her feline version of a "beauty mask?"   

Good to catch up with you!  I'll share more news with you in the next post . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment